Come to the Dark side, we have cookies!!!
Mary Berry’s Chocolate Fork Biscuits
I have to say I really love all the things around kitchen – mostly baking! Baking is like art for me and I’m sooo jealous of people like Tanya 🙂 I fell in love with her book first time I saw it and I was lucky girl cuz we had only two of them left in my country.
Since I know myself pretty well I decided to start with something easier so these ones were my first choice. Recipe is really easy and quick!
100g unsalted butter
50g golden sugar
150g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder
splash of milk (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / GM4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until well combined. Add a splash of milk if the mixture appears too crumbly.
4. Flour your hands, then roll the dough into 15 small balls. Transfer them to the baking tray and press each ball down with a fork to flatten – it helps to dip the fork in flour.
5. Bake for 10-12 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
They ended up better than expected and my friends loved it so I guess I made it well 🙂